Sunwarrior Activated Barley is proven to help build health through boosting energy, whilst also stabilising body sugar levels. A slow release carbohydrate, Sunwarrior protein provides sustained energy release which assists in maintaining athletic performance and intensity. Ideally pre workout to provide a sustained energy boost. The Ultimate Slow Burning Carb! Low Glycemic Index. Provides sustained energy for hours. Only 7g of carbs per serving.
Activated Barley: An Elevated Superfood Captured at the Apex of Available Bio-Energy.
Before we actually get into the details of Sunwarrior Activated Barley, we need to look briefly at barley in general.
Research conducted in Canada, the United States, and Australia has shown that barley can play a significant role in lowering blood cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Other studies have shown that non-insulin dependent diabetics (Type II) had improved blood glucose levels as a result of including barley in their diet. It should be noted that barley rates an astoundingly low 27 on the glycemic index. That’s 22 percent less than skim milk! And yet which one is banned form the low carb no grain diets?
In addition, barley has high concentrations of tocotrienols, antioxidant compounds that work to suppress the activity of the first rate-limiting enzyme (HMG-CoA Reductase) in the liver, thus reducing cholesterol synthesis. And barley is one of the highest known sources of beta-glucans, carbohydrates (there’s that word again) that have remarkable immune boosting properties and have been shown to improve blood glucose and lipid levels among diabetics in clinical trials.
Historically, barley has been used for thousands of years. The Roman army marched on it. It was the primary staple of their diet. They picked up that trick from the Greek gladiators who trained on it and were known as “barley eaters.” (So much for meat being the food of choice for macho men.)
In ancient Rome, a food made from spouted barley, honey, and colostrum was used to sustain infants whose mother’s died in childbirth. In more recent years, the same formula has been used by the UN to prevent starvation in 3rd world countries.
Sunwarrior Activated Barley
The problem with barley is that it’s extremely gelatinous. All attempts to dry it and package it for commercial distribution failed until a company in Sweden figured out a way to use low-temperature steam (produced in a partial vacuum) to take the barley just up to the point of sprouting — before it turns gelatinous, but after the point where all the proteins and carbohydrates have been converted, and at a temperature low enough so that no enzymes are damaged
This turns out to be a remarkably interesting point for food. It’s like the food is placed in a state of suspended animation at the point where all of the energy of the grain has been marshaled to sprout the pearl — and not yet expended in the act of sprouting.
The result is a brand new superfood with unbelievable properties. Think of it like a bullet in a gun.
- The bullet in the chamber is like the barley pearl. All the energy is dormant–unavailable.
- The bullet after it has fired and left the gun is like the barley sprout. All of the energy has been expended in the act of making the bullet shoot out of the gun — or in this case, the barley sprout. The energy is no longer available.
- But pre-sprouted barley is different. It’s like being able to freeze time at the moment the gunpowder has fired and before the bullet has left the gun. A huge amount of energy is now locked in the chamber, available in an easily used form, just waiting to be directed in any way you want. What if you could take that energy and use it for other things rather than making the bullet fly? What if you could use the energy locked in the pre-sprout phase to nourish the body rather than make the barley sprout? That would be a true superfood.
And in fact, this superfood produces some astounding numbers on the Bovis Scale.
- If you are not familiar with the Bovis Scale, it was developed by a French physicist and quantifies or measures how positively or negatively charged a substance is. For living organisms, the key reference point on the scale is found at 6,500 Bovis Energy Units. From 0 to 6,500, the charge is in the negative range, or life-detracting, while above the 6,500 point the energy gradually becomes more positive, or life-enhancing.
- The desired minimal energy level for humans is found between 8,000 to 10,000 Bovis Energy Units, or slightly positive. The Earth itself creates energy in the 7,000 to 18,000 range. This energy is also referred to as “Biophotons”, which are light particles invisible to our eyes. This positive radiation is necessary to the maintenance of life on Earth.
- A simple way of describing Bovis Energy Units would be to call them “Bio-Photon-Activating” Energy Units.
This new pre-sprouted ultra-long-chain carbohydrate found in pre-sprouted barley registers between 100,000 to 320,000 on the Bovis Scale. That is unheard of for food. The only thing I’ve ever seen higher than that is specially treated water.
While the concept of the Bovis scale is based on sound theory, and the results on the body of the ingestion of high Bovis foods and water is clearly observable, accurate methods for measuring substances on the Bovis scale are in short supply. At this point in time, it is probably best to consider Bovis ratings as general indicators, rather than as accurately verifiable numbers.
The Properties of Sunwarrior Activated Barley
- Like regular barley, it ranks incredibly low on the glycemic index.
- It has all of the nutritional value of barley — high levels of tocotrienols and beta glucans.
- It contains 1,000s of active enzymes.
- It is an ultra-long-chain carbohydrate that takes up to 4 hours to break down in the digestive tract — thus providing a slow, sustained release of energy and insulin.
- Because the release is so slow, it actually lowers the body’s insulin response.
- It provides over 400% more energy per calorie than any other food calorie known. (Despite what the USDA may tell you, not all calories are created equal.)
- It produces readings of up to 320,000 on the Bovis scale.
Amino Acid Profile