Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel packs 100 calories into every packet. It’s an ideal serving size to suck down 15 minutes before training or racing in order to top off your electrolyte and glucose stores, followed by one every 30-45 minutes along the way, washed down with a few sips of fluid.
We added more of everything that makes GU Energy Gel the category leader and added a few more things for ultra distance and high intensity efforts resulting in the most efficient, high performance gel you can use in training and racing.
For optimum results, always drink at least 24-30 ounces of fluid per hour during training and racing.
Exact Roctane intake depends on the intensity of your pursuit and your body weight and fitness level. The fitter you are and the more you are used to consuming carbohydrate during exercise and the more Roctane you can eat each hour, up to approximately 340 total calories including gels, solids and drinks.
Combine Roctane Energy Gel with Roctane Energy Drink, original GU Energy Gel, GU Electrolyte Brew and GU Recovery Brew for the ultimate in sports hydration, fueling and recovery. Take one gel 15 minutes before training or competition and then one gel every 30-45 minutes during exercise. Drink Roctane Energy Drink or Electrolyte Brew throughout your training or racing, and drink Recovery Brew within 30 minutes after you’ve stopped.
What’s in GU Rotane Ultra Energy Gels?
- Ideal carbohydrate ratio – A Blend of glucose to fructose can help your body use more of the carbohydrates you ingest during training or racing. Research shows that a combination of these two carbohydrates is better than glucose or fructose alone.
- More key electrolytes – Sodium and potassium help to properly maintain hydration
- More Branch Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine) – Shown to serve as a fuel source (when taken with carbohydrates), reduce muscle damage, enhance recovery and delay fatigue – all critical during intense or long efforts
- More Histidine (Amino Acid) – Can promote muscle buffers to prevent accumulation of lactic acid in muscles during exercise
- More Caffeine – Proven to stimulate the central nervous system and reduce pain perception leading to prolonged exercise and delayed fatigue
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG) – included to support recovery by helping block the catabolic effects of various hormones that cause muscle trauma
How is Roctane Ultra Energy Gel different from GU Energy Gel?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel contains more of the ingredients that matter during long or intense activity while still being based on the proven ratio of simple and complex carbohydrates found in GU Energy Gel.
- 3 times more Branched Chain Amino Acids
- 10 times more Histidine
- 2-3 times more electrolytes
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG)
How do I use it?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel should be consumed 15 miuntes before activity and then every 45 minutes throughout the duration of activity. Hydrate along the way.